The Jones Walker LLP State and Local Tax Team is back live and in-person with a day-long program on September 20, 2022, titled Jones Walker: Gameshow! This state and local tax workshop will address all the relevant issues that have been picked up for a new season, as well as discuss and preview all the new additions to the lineup. First, you will be guided through the Wheel of “Mis”Fortune of state and local tax procedure. Then, get ready to deal with all the legislative and administrative updates that are grabbing the attention of viewers. Next, we will let you confront your software fears.
Join us at lunch for Whose Line Is It, Anyway?, featuring a moderated panel of key state tax administrators from Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Alabama. The administrators will provide their perspective on recent tax developments.
- Jennifer Burleson, Director, Tax Policy Division, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Chris Graham, Commissioner, Mississippi Department of Revenue
- Mary Martin Mitchell, Acting Director, Tax Policy and Governmental Affairs Division, Alabama Department of Revenue
- Kevin Richard, Secretary, Louisiana Department of Revenue
- Arthur Parham, Moderator, Retired General Tax Advisor – Entergy
Next, it’s time for Jeopardy! with an interactive game addressing various recent hot SALT topics. We’ll then check out SALT case updates, Family Feud-style. Finally, we will give a report of the national SALT battles raging across the country. Afterwards, we’ll wrap things up with a Q&A.
When: Tuesday, September 20 | 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Where: Hilton Americas-Houston | 1600 Lamar St | Houston, TX 77010
Fee: $150 per registrant
Company group rate: $150 for first registrant, $100 for each subsequent registrant
Questions or to Register: Contact Courtney Farley at firstname.lastname@example.org