‘Tis the season for the final 2020 Jones Walker SALT Team webinar, titled “The Time Is Now – 2020 Tax Traps And 2021 Planning.” In this year-end state & local tax webinar, the Jones Walker SALT Team will help to ensure that you’re making a list, checking it twice… and doing it correctly, or it won’t be nice!
Please join us for a discussion of various year-end action items, planning opportunities, deadlines, obstacles, and potential “foot faults” that companies should be aware of and consider in their year-end state and local tax activities, including those concerning:
- Audits and related prescription (statute of limitations) issues and waiver considerations/requirements
- Refund claims and related prescription (statute of limitations) issues and requirements
- Workforce planning/locations and related nexus or tax reporting issues and considerations
- Credits and incentives requirements
- Property tax issues, such as taxability, property location, and valuation (including informational support for issues such as obsolescence, etc.)
As the old holiday saying goes, “the best way to spread tax department cheer is planning now, instead of next year!”
When: Thursday, December 10, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. CST
- Jay Adams, Partner, Jones Walker LLP
- Bill Backstrom, Partner, Jones Walker LLP
- Andre Burvant, Partner, Jones Walker LLP
- John Fletcher, Partner, Jones Walker LLP
- Matt Mantle, Partner, Jones Walker LLP
Webinar Registration Details: Registration is complimentary. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is intended for intermediate to advanced practitioners in state and local tax administration and those doing business in Louisiana and Mississippi. The full day’s program has been recommended for 1 hour of Texas and Louisiana CPE. This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Louisiana State Bar Association for a maximum of 1 hour credit. An application for accreditation of this activity has been submitted to the MCLE Committee of the State Bar of Texas and is pending.